Brief Club History
Portishead were inaugurated early in the 1900's by Molly Jukes, the daughter of a local Rector, who had moved to Portishead in 1903. Always keen on sport, Molly formed a cricket side in 1910 and two years later a football team she called St. Peter's Portishead.
Initially there were two teams, a First XI and Reserves and a year later a junior side was formed. In 1915 Molly married the Rev H.S. Briggs but her interest and devotion to 'the lads' didn't waver and despite the intervention of two World Wars she battled on as Chairman, Treasurer and Manager as well as playing in goal as often as she could.
In the early 1950's Molly stepped down and Portishead AFC, as the club were now known (following a name change in 1948), was left in the hands of Len Pickering and Eddie Clapson.
Following successive divisional championship in 1973 and 1974 the club were accepted into the Somerset Senior League in 1975 and a year later moved from their original pitch where the present Health Centre now stands to Bristol Road. As the result of the extra pitches available on the new ground, two new teams were formed incorporating the former Redcliffe Bay team.
In 1991-92 Portishead reached the Somerset & Avon (South) FA Senior Cup Final where they lost 4-2 against Odd Down. In 1997, the first team again reached the final, this time beating Bridgwater Reserves 2-0 at Paulton. In 1993 /94 under the leadership of Terry Hale the team won the Somerset Senior League Premier Division Championship, they retained this title in 1994-95, made it a treble in 1995/96 and notched up their fourth Championship win at the end of the 1997/98 season. In May 2000, Shaun Hills' side beat Radstock Town to win the Somerset Senior Cup for the second time.
Following major ground improvements and finishing the 2004/05 season as runners up in the Somerset County league the club applied for election to the Western League were duly promoted for the start of the 2005/06 campaign.